When it comes to the best baby shower gifts there are so many options! As a result, it can be tricky to narrow down what is important and what is not. There are to many gadgets, bobbles, and shiny things to catch your attention, so we wanted to make a list of things a new mom actually needs. So here is our list of the the best baby shower gift ideas.
Disclaimer: This Page Contains Affiliate Links. We earn a small commission on every product. This does not cost you a penny more! For more information, please read our Disclosure page. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Onesies: Sizes 1 – 24 months
Don’t Just buy one size. Opt for larger sizes. Babies grow too fast to only give one size. I know that sometimes cloths are too cute to resist, but if you can’t find it in the right size give it a pass. Some babies are born bigger or smaller than size 1 month and it does no good to have 70 size 1 onesies and no clothing for the other months. There will be babies who stay in size one for several months, but in this writers’ case, my baby was over 9lbs and just shy of 2 ft long. We definitely needed larger sizes and at a rapid pace! (FYI: My now 3 year old is the size of a kindergartner!)
2. Socks: More often than not a baby is going to wear socks over shoes. That does not mean shoes are completely out, but remember a new baby has sensitive feet. Soft and comfortable, cute if possible, socks are the way to go.
3. Gift certificates to baby clothes stores,
4. Robe, Socks, Pajamas: Plan to give comfortable and soft clothing for the new mommy’s time at the hospital. Cute is always a plus. Clothes that are easily removed are best.
Please oh please don’t buy the “cheap ones” or at least limit how many you give. They don’t hold up very well as they are often made of inferior materials.
5. Try These instead. They last longer, have interchangeable nipple sizes, and are just better overall. You don’t have to buy the biggest package one or two is just fine.
6. Baby Bottle Scrubber
7. Baby Bottle Milk Warmer
8. Diaper Bag
For some parents that are constantly on the go a normal diaper bag may be something that they shy away from. That’s not a bad thing as you can replace this with a backpack. It’s more covert and has a less “kiddy” feel to it.
9. Baby Carry Wrap
10. Baby Carry Backpack
11. Travel Combo Stroller Set
14. Swaddle Blankets: Sometimes the babies will have issues sleeping, swaddle blankets can be a godsend at times like these. There are techniques that you can find on youtube or baby magazines but speaking from experience there are times that the babies will fight sleep and everything else until they are swaddled and then will drop off to blissful sleep.
Simple Gifts might not get the loudest “ooohhhsss” and “aaahhhs”, but the new mom will thank you when its 2 am and she is arm deep in diaper and she remembers gift pack with wipes in the other room.
17. Gift Certificate for Diapers and Wipes (Or to places to buy diapers)
18. Burp Cloths
20. Pacifiers with pacifier clips
21. Baby Monitors
22. Baby Bath or Bath Aid Bath Supporter:
This is one that gets missed quite often at baby showers and by new parents. When it comes time for bath time, new parents will be so grateful for a baby bath or baby bath supporter. They have ones that make bath time a breeze! Taking a bath is such a normal part of life that I think people often miss the obvious, baby needs a wash too!
23. Head Bands: These head bands for the water drain off are a major boon to parenting. No more soap and water in the eyes! This makes it bath time so much more fun for baby!
A new born supply kit can also help with bath time if it includes baby shampoo and lotion which leads us to …
Newborn Supply Kit
24. shampoo, baby lotion, baby powder, small towels, no tears conditioner (for babies with hair), diaper rash cream, wipes, diapers, thermometer, gripe water, baby enemas, band aides, etc.
This could be a DIY kit or one already made!
Its important to start the newborn off with a skin care regiment. Bath time then lotion to help keep that baby soft skin. Powders and creams also assist with the dreaded diaper rash that all babies will suffer through sooner or later.
You could also add the head bands for water drain off.
25. Soft play mat area type toys also called baby activity gyms.
26. Bumpo for sitting
Not exactly a toy, but it aides during playtime. The bumpo helps baby sit up on their own. It helps train the core muscles that are used to sit up so baby can achieve this milestone faster.
It is a bit large to carry every where with you, but we (hubbie and I) found it was a better substitute for the carrier or high chair, especially at restaurants. Plus it allows baby to sit in a booth with the family!
27. Tummy Pillows
28. Soft Texture Toys
29. A baby photo Album or album kit is appropriate here.
30. You could also give one of these “baby firsts” boxes! Not only are they cute but it gives the parents space to keep a few special mementos in a safe place
You can, of course, dress up your gifts with ribbons and bows, bobbles, and shiny things. There are so many cute DIY ideas for baby showers that you can take advantage of like diaper towers and onesies and sock cupcakes!
Questions? Suggestions? Comments for the Best Baby Shower Gift Ideas? Make sure to leave your response below!
Don’t forget to subscribe for updates!